Calendar - Use the arrow next to the "Agenda" tab on the calendar to select your grade

Thursday, February 19, 2009

8th grade Essential Question

Why is it necessary to know and understand the U.S. Constitution in order to be a good citizen?
You've known about it, so here's the due date: Tuesday, Feb. 24th. I'll be giving you a rubric in class on Friday. Keep in mind that this is a persuasive essay. I know your language textbook has information on how to write persuasive essays. Use the index to help you find the section. I also have a bunch of Write Source books in my classroom that you can take home with you over the weekend.
Click here for the rubric in case you left it at school.

Here are some useful sites - please make sure your parents are ok with you accessing YouTube.
structure
YouTube - the only difference I expect is that you do NOT use I, me, you, we, us, etc in your essay.
About.com
OWL Writing Lab (Purdue)

We'll practice writing some thesis statements in class Friday. I'll probably use some of these prompts.